The two remaining chef’testants are hitting the ground running during the Top Chef: All-Stars finale tonight! I’d say there are two distinct groups of fans who will be watching tonight’s final showdown: Those who desperately want Blais to win and those who desperately want Jersey Mike to not win. Of course, there will be some centrists as well.
Right after Blais and Mike learn that they’ve made it to the real finale, Tom gives the gents their final quest: “We want you to create for us the restaurant of your dreams.” I’m taking it as this will be a Restaurant Wars-style showdown. After learning that 15 of the chopped chefs will be returning to act as sous chefs for the challenge, Blais and Mike are deliberating over who they want on their team. Little do they know, it won’t be as cut and dry as picking out their team like they did during kickball games in middle school gym class.
Back in the kitchen, Padma charges the 15 returning chefs to create an amuse bouche for Blais and Mike, who will then have to choose their sous chefs based solely on a blind taste test of those offerings. I’m sure by now finalists have a decent idea of the other chefs’ cooking styles so that they might be able to match the dish to the chef.
Preview video highlights:
- Mikey is talking some big game before the final challenge. Let’s just see if he can back it up with some stellar food, or he’ll be backing it up into second place.
- We all know both Blais and Mikey are praying that they don’t get stuck with Jamie or Marcel.
- What the heck is up with Angelo’s ironically nerdy glasses? Are they supposed to be a fashion accessory or something, because I’ve never seen him with corrective lessons before.
- I won’t even comment further on Marcel’s “I’m-too-cool-for-this-shiz” shades.
- I like Casey’s hairdo, but shouldn’t she she be wearing it up in a ponytail or lunch lady hair cap since she’s working with food? If anyone finds a hair in their food, they’ll definitely know who it came from.
This week’s question: Which three of the fifteen former chef’testants seen in the preview would you choose to be on your Fantasy Top Chef Finale Team?
Check out the preview videos below.
Tune in to Bravo tonight at 10 pm EST/9 pm C, join our Twitter party during the show (Jeff: @JeffHouck, Katie: @culinarypirate), and listen to our podcast here tomorrow! (You can even download us on iTunes!) Check out our fellow Top Chef fanatics, Please Pack Your Knives And Go and All Top Chef, for the latest news (and some laughs).